Here we can see, “How to solve the blank, white, or grey screen that appears when Microsoft Edge is launched”
- Due to compatibility issues or a problem with the browser itself, Microsoft Edge sometimes opens with a grey or white screen.
- Check the browser’s settings if Microsoft Edge opens with a blank screen.
- If the home page of Edge isn’t working, you might try resetting the browser.
- If Microsoft Edge continues opening with a grey screen, try another browser.
How can I get Microsoft Edge to open without displaying a blank page?
1. Use the Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter to find out what’s wrong with your app
- In the search box on the home screen, type troubleshoot.
- To open a list of troubleshooters in the Settings app, select Troubleshoot.
- Select the Microsoft Store App and then tap the Run troubleshooter option.
- Then you can look over the suggested remedies from the troubleshooter.
2. Think about switching to a different browser
Having regular problems with the default browser right after startup is incredibly inconvenient, which is why you should consider trying an alternative.
So why not switch to a browser that has fewer, if any, loading issues? We suggest that you use Opera in this case.
As you become more accustomed to the interface, you’ll be astounded at the number of functions available and how easy it is to navigate between tabs and built-in social network chat apps.
Customized versions are available for PC, mobile (even older phones), Mac, and Linux. Furthermore, you can synchronise the Opera browser across all of your devices to manage all of your settings more effortlessly.
You can customise the browser starting with the basic version by adding icons, sidebars, workspaces, and bookmarks for easier access and a more structured workflow.
You have the ideal browser when you add in the built-in VPN, which protects your online behaviour.
3. Delete Edge’s browsing history
- At the upper right of the browser window, click the Settings and More icon.
- Select Settings
- To access the Clear browsing data options, use the Choose what to clear button.
- Clear all data category boxes by selecting them all and pressing the Clear button.
4. Restart the Microsoft Edge browser
- In the search box on the home screen, type app
- To enter the Settings app, go to Apps & Features.
- Then, in the app list’s search field, type Edge.
- To get the Reset button in Microsoft Edge, go to Advanced settings and select Microsoft Edge.
- To confirm, press the Reset button and then Reset again.
5. Disable hardware acceleration
- Using the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, open Run.
- In the Run text box, type inetcpl.cpl and hit the OK button.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Select the Use software rendering instead of the GPU rendering option on that menu.
- Apply, and OK should be pressed.
6. Remove IBM Trusteer Rapport from your computer
- To open Windows 10’s uninstaller, type appwiz.cpl into the Run text box and click OK.
- In the uninstaller’s search box, type IBM Trusteer Rapport.
- Uninstall the IBM Trusteer Rapport software by selecting it and clicking the Uninstall button.
- To confirm and uninstall IBM Trusteer Rapport, select Yes.
7. Reset the windows
- Press Windows + R, then type rstrui in the text field and click OK.
- To see a list of restore points, press the Next button.
- If you have the option, select Show more restore points.
- Then choose a restore point that precedes the most recent Windows 10 upgrade at the very least.
- Press the Scan for Affected Programs button to see what software the selected restore point removes.
- To confirm your selected restore point and roll back Windows 10, click Next > Finish.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
Why aren’t pages loading in Microsoft Edge?
Restart your computer, then try again to open the website in Microsoft Edge. To help pages load faster, your browser saves temporary internet files by default. Clearing this cache can help with page display issues in some cases. Select Settings and more > History > Clear browsing history if you can access Microsoft Edge.
How do I get rid of the black screen in Microsoft Edge?
- Change to a different browser.
- Check for viruses and turn off any plug-ins.
- To conduct a clean boot, restart the system.
- Drivers for your display need to be updated.
- PowerShell may be used to reset Edge configurations.
Why do I receive a blank screen when I go to a website?
When you browse the internet, your web browser saves a lot of data. As a result, your browser may become clogged with unwanted cookies and other website data, causing it to operate poorly. After you log in, the DreamBox screen may seem blank or solid blue due to this.
What’s the deal with Microsoft Edge being blank?
Check the browser’s settings if Microsoft Edge opens with a blank screen. If the home page of Edge isn’t working, you might try resetting the browser. If Microsoft Edge continues opening with a grey screen, try another browser.
What’s the matter with Edge?
Connection problems, overall slowness, password issues, problems with Adobe Flash content, demands to use Internet Explorer, troubles importing favourites, the Home button failing to display, and problems changing the default search engine can all occur when using Microsoft Edge.