Here we can see, “How to Install VMware Tools”
Before you do anything further, after you’ve installed an operating system into a VMware virtual machine, you should install a vital application called VMware Tools. For a VMware virtual machine, VMware Tools offers several useful features:
- Graphics performance has been improved.
- Shared folders, which allows you to share folders between the virtual machine and the host, make file sharing between the two simple.
- You can copy and paste the virtual machine and the host using a shared clipboard.
- The guest and the host are at the same time.
- Better mouse control between the guest and the host
Follow these steps to install VMware Tools:
- Begin running the virtual machine.
On the menu of the VMware console window, choose Player→Manage→Install VMware Tools.
A dialogue window similar to the one seen above displays.
3. Click on the Download and Install button.
The VMware Tools are installed on the guest computer. The Setup application displays the Welcome screen.
If the Setup software does not start automatically, press Windows+R and type d:setup.exe. This will launch the Setup programme manually.
4. To install the VMware tools, follow the instructions in the Setup application.
You’ll be requested to restart the virtual machine after installing the tools.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
- How can I install VMware tools manually?
- Use the menu command to mount the VMware Tools virtual drive on the guest operating system.
- If you’re upgrading or reinstalling vCenter Server, pick Interactive Tools Installation or Interactive Tools Upgrade from the Install/Upgrade VMware Tools dialogue box and click OK.
2. How can I get fresh VMware tools installed?
Right-click the Virtual Machine in the vSphere Client – Hosts and Clusters view > Guest OS > Install VMware Tools. Click the All Actions icon in the vSphere Web Client, then Configuration > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools. In the vSphere Host Client, pick Install VMware Tools from the drop-down option under Actions > Guest OS.
3. After mounting, how do I install VMware tools?
- Prepare your virtual machine for VMware Tools installation. Select VM > Install VMware Tools from the drop-down menu.
- Install the CD-ROM driver to mount the ISO image as a volume on the CD-ROM drive.
- You can start installing VMware Tools after the driver has finished loading.
- The guest operating system should be restarted.
4. Why can’t I get VMware tools to work?
The NIC is also assigned to the incorrect network driver because VMware Tools cannot be loaded without a CD-ROM drive. It would help if you assigned a suitable driver to fix this problem. To assign the correct driver, add a New Device and choose CD-ROM from the Disk, Driver, and Storage options.
5. How can I begin using VMware tools?
To alter VMware Tools settings, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel or Start > Control Panel, depending on which version of Windows you’re using. Find the VMware Tools icon and double-click it. The system tray icon can also be reactivated. Select Show VMware Tools in Taskbar from the Options tab.